Commonly Requested Immigration Forms

TitleForm NumberPurpose of Form
Change of AddressAR-11To report the change of address of an alien in the United States. If you are subject to Special Registration, see Form AR-11 Special Registration.
Biographic InformationG-325ATo provide biographic information on an alien. You file this form only as instructed on another Immigration application or petition.
Petition for a Nonimmigrant WorkerI-129For employers to petition for an alien to come to the United States temporarily to perform services or labor, or to receive training, as an H-1B, H-1C, H-2A, H-2B, H-3, L-1, O-1, O-2, P-1, P-1S, P-2, P-2S, P-3, P-3S, Q-1 or R-1 nonimmigrant worker. Employers may also use this form to request an extension of stay or change of status for an alien as an E-1, E-2, or TN nonimmigrant.
Petition for Alien Fiance(e)I-129FTo petition to bring your fiancé(e) and that person's children to the U.S. for marriage to you or to bring your spouse and that person's children (K-3 and K-4 visas, respectively) to the United States to complete processing for permanent resident status (under the LIFE Act and Amendments of 2000).
Petition for Alien RelativeI-130For citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States to establish the relationship to certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States. Note: A separate form must be filed for each eligible relative. USCIS processes Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, as a visa number becomes available. Filing and approval of an I-130 is only the first step in helping a relative immigrate to the United States. Eligible family members must wait until there is a visa number available before they can apply for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status to a lawful permanent resident.
Application for Travel DocumentI-131To apply for a travel document, reentry permit, refugee travel document or advance parole, to include parole into the U.S. for humanitarian reasons.
Immigrant Petition for Alien WorkerI-140To petition for an alien worker to become a permanent resident in the United States. This form is filed on behalf of an alien, and not by the alien.
Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust StatusI-485To apply to adjust your status to that of a permanent resident of the United States.
Immigrant Petition by Alien EntrepreneurI-526For use by an entrepreneur who wishes to immigrate to the United States.
Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant StatusI-539For nonimmigrants to request extensions of stay or changes from one nonimmigrant category to another nonimmigrant category. Please see the form's instructions for your specific nonimmigrant visa category. It is used by F and M nonimmigrants seeking reinstatement of status. It is also used by K-3/4 nonimmigrants to request extensions of stay and by persons seeking V nonimmigrant status while in the United States or extension of stay as a V nonimmigrant.
Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate RelativeI-600To classify an alien orphan who either is, or will be, adopted by a U.S. citizen as an immediate relative of the U.S. citizen to allow the child to enter the United States. The petition is filed by the U.S. citizen who is adopting the child.
Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination RecordI-693Generally, all applicants filing for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident must submit Form I-693 completed by a designated civil surgeon. Form I-693 is used to report results of a medical examination to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The examination is required to establish that an applicant is not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds.
A list of those health grounds can be found in section 212(a)(1) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Application for Employment AuthorizationI-765Individuals who are temporarily in the United States and eligible for employment authorization may file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Other individuals who are authorized to work in the United States without restrictions should also use this form to apply for a document evidencing such authorization.
Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the ActI-864To show that the applying immigrant has enough financial support to live without concern of becoming reliant on U.S. government welfare.
Employment Eligibility VerificationI-9All U.S. employers must complete and retain a Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States. This includes citizens and noncitizens. On the form, the employer must examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s) an employee presents to determine whether the document(s) reasonably appear to be genuine and relate to the individual and record the document information on the Form I-9. The list of acceptable documents can be found on the last page of the form.
Application to Replace Permanent Resident CardI-90Use this form to replace a "Green Card." Please note: You should not submit this form if you are a conditional resident and your status is expiring. You must use Form I-751 if you became a conditional resident through marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. You must use Form I-829 if you became a conditional resident based on a financial investment in a U.S. business.
Application for NaturalizationN-400To apply for U.S. citizenship.

A partial list of most common forms used for immigration purposes. You can find additional forms directly on the US Department of Homeland Security or US Citizenship and Immigration Services website. Please contact The Immigration Professor, Attorney Robert A. Perkins, for the latest information at 310-384-0200.

I offer online scheduling using BookFresh

Be Sociable, Share!